Tutors will help prepare students for standardized tests. For non-native English speakers, tutors should work to improve overall English proficiency in addition to addressing test material and techniques. Tutors may be asked to conduct online classes, and there may be travel opportunities.
- One year of college completed
- Experience with teaching/tutoring standardized tests in a live or online setting
- Mastery of American English (British English in the case of IELTS)
- 3+ years experience
- Formal training from a major test prep company
- Experience working with non-native English speakers, especially from East, South, and/or Southeast Asia
- Availability to travel to India, Vietnam, and/or the Philippines
- Conversational abilities in Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Vietnamese, Tagalog, and/or Bisaya
Click here to apply to be an IvyAchievement tutor!
Writing specialists will conduct Four-Point reviews and provide feedback on structure, tone, content, and writing mechanics of college and graduate school application essays. Writing specialists will also work directly with students to develop their essays and will perform edits both with the student and after consultation.
Work will start out part-time, with the possibility of working full time in mid-to-late October, the beginning of November, and most of December.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience with a campus, professional, and/or academic publication
- Mastery of American English and familiarity with British and Canadian English conventions
- Degree in a writing-intensive major and/or graduate degree from a top-tier institution
- Experience with creative writing
- Experience working with or editing writing by non-native English speakers, especially from East, South, and Southeast Asia
Please use the form below to apply: